Call for papers
The Information Modeling and Communication System Laboratory (MISC)
Faculty of science, Ibn Tofail University
The International Agency for NLP (IA4NLP)
The National School of Computer Science and Systems Analysis (ENSIAS), Rabat
in cooperation with
Le laboratoire ELLIADD de l'Université de Franche-Comté, Besançon
The NOOJ association
are glade to invite you to the
NooJ 2017 International Conference
Kenitra and Rabat (Morocco)
18-20 May 2017
NooJ is both a corpus processing tool and a linguistic development environment that allows linguists to formalize several levels of linguistic phenomena:
- typography and spelling;
- syllabification, phonemic and prosodic transcription;
- lexicons of simple words, multiword units, and discontinuous expressions;
- inflectional, derivational and agglutinative morphology;
- local and structural syntax;
- transformational syntax and paraphrase generation;
- semantic analysis and machine translation.
NooJ provides linguists with regular grammars, context-free grammars, context-sensitive grammars and unrestricted grammars as well as their graphical equivalent (finite-state, recursive and contextual graphs) to enable the description of each phenomenon. NooJ’s multi-layer approach allows linguists to accumulate elementary descriptions and describe phenomena that cross linguistic levels. As a corpus processing tool, NooJ allows users to apply sophisticated linguistic queries to large corpora in real time, in order to construct indices and concordances, annotate texts automatically and perform semantic and statistical analyses, etc.
NooJ is open-source, freely available at www.nooj4nlp.net and over 20 linguistic modules can already be freely downloaded, as well as a manual, video tutorials, references, etc.
The NooJ conference intends to:
- give NooJ users and researchers in Linguistics and in Computational Linguistics the opportunity to meet and share their experience as developers, researchers and teachers;
- present to NooJ users the latest linguistic resources and NLP applications developed for/with NooJ, its latest functionalities, as well as its future developments;
- offer researchers and graduate students two tutorials (one basic and one advanced) to help them parse corpora and build NLP applications using NooJ;
- provide an occasion to present and discover the recent developments of NooJ itself (v5).
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Linguistic resources: Typography, Spelling, Syllabification, Phonemic and Prosodic transcription,
Morphology, Lexical Analysis, Local Syntax, Structural Syntax, Transformational Analysis,
Paraphrase Generation, Semantic annotations, Semantic analysis, Description of rare and endangered languages.
Corpus processing: Corpus Linguistics, Information extraction, Discourse Analysis, Business Intelligence, NLP applications, Applications of NooJ in Social Sciences..
We invite the submission of abstracts in English until 17 January 2017. The abstracts should contain the title, name, institution and email of the author(s).
Abstracts should not exceed one page (length between 300 and 600 words, references not included) and should be sent via EasyChair.
All proposals will be reviewed by the scientific committee and authors will be given notice of acceptance of their papers no later than 15 March 2017.
Further information about the conference can be found at the Nooj2017 home conference website. You can also contact the organizing committee at email@example.com for any additional information.
Abstract submission: 17 January, 2017
Notification of acceptance: 15 March, 2017
Registration: until 30 April, 2017
The camera-ready versions of the abstracts should be submitted electronically in an open format (DOCX, ODT).
The deadline for the submission of the final version of abstracts is 30 April 2017.
All camera-ready abstracts will enter the “NooJ 2017 Book of Abstracts”.